Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible as we are screening applications on a rolling basis.
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women, and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
In Lebanon, the Syrian crisis continues to generate political, social, and economic pressure due to the war in Lebanon and keeps more than 1.5 million refugees in a situation of increasing vulnerability. In this environment of political, economic and social uncertainty, our teams have maintained their high levels of humanitarian response and aid to Lebanon. Likewise, our interventions have been maintained in the Bekaa and northern areas, as well as in the south of the country, with a special focus on working in partnership or in consortium with other organizations and on institutional strengthening of the relationship with both donors. institutional, such as with local authorities and entities.
The Driver will be responsible:
The Driver will be responsible for the safe, smooth and efficient transportation of Action Against Hunger staff and goods mainly between the Action Against Hunger offices in Beirut and Zahle, or for Action Against Hunger activities’ locations in Lebanon.
Objective 1: Driving and Logistic (60%)
- Follow weekly movement plan according to project’s request and fleet manager/Base Logistician.
- Daily check the technical conditions of the vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, etc.).
- Complete Vehicles Logbook and summarizing the totals on monthly basis.
- Responsible for daily fueling the car.
- Responsible for cleaning the car (interior and Exterior) on weekly basis.
- Assist with loading and unloading the shipment inside the vehicle.
- Assist in documentation process as per Fleet manager/Base Logistician
Objective 2: General objective (20%)
- Respect of Action Against Hunger Charter and internal rule of ethics.
- Be available if necessary, to work on weekends and out of office time.
- Participate in any other work in order to achieve the project goal.
Objective 3: Reporting (20%)
- Inform and report on a timely manner to fleet manager of any security incident
- Full compliance of ACTION AGAINST HUNGER security rules (seatbelt use, speed limits, daily reporting, etc.).
- Consult fleet manager for security clearance for specific areas
- Follow and sign the Vehicle use agreement rules.
- Transport both people and goods in a safe and secure manner always.
- Report all vehicle movements within the base and country to the fleet manager.
- Wear ACTION AGAINST HUNGER vests and identification cards always
Objective 4: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 5: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Mechanical Knowledge about Vehicles & Fleet management
- 2 years minimum experience working on projects at humanitarian aid organization and/or international donors and other sectors as well.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Working in humanitarian sector
Action Against Hunger – Lebanon seeks to promote gender equality and is committed to empowering women to participate effectively in their communities, we strongly encourage women to apply.
We Strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
ACF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA).