Interested candidates please apply on the following link:
Case Worker – Application Form
Any application submitted through email will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
INTERSOS is a non-profit Humanitarian Aid Organization that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organizations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognized by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralized offices.
Job Title : Case Worker
Reports to : Senior Case Worker
Duty Station : Rachaya – with possibilities to move in Bekaa area
Position Type : Full Time
Provide appropriate and timely case management by assessing the needs of individuals with protection concerns, developing and implementing tailored case plans based on needs and ensuring appropriate follow-up while creating a climate of trust and care.
- Conduct intake interviews with individuals identified by the team during outreach work or referred by other agencies, and open a case if vulnerability criteria are met
- Carry out comprehensive assessments for each client after receiving their consent and consider emotional, behavioural and social factors that affect their psychosocial well-being as well as protection and risk factors
- Conduct home visits to assess clients’ living conditions when necessary
- Develop a tailored case plan with the client, based on needs identified during the assessment
- Refer clients to appropriate services and when necessary accompany them to different service providers
- Provide continuous basic emotional support and counselling through regular follow-up meetings, establishing a relationship built on trust respecting confidentiality protocols
- Document cases on the internal case management platform and ensure that any progress on action plan and any significant change in client’s psychosocial well-being and overall situation is timely and duly recorded
- Conduct and document in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures assessments of protection cases for inclusion in cash assistance programs
- Ensure proper and safe filing and archiving of case management files to maintain data confidentiality and in line with data protection protocols
- Close cases when objectives in the case plan are met and no further needs are identified
- Manage and document calls to the hotline/helpline on a rotational basis under the supervision of the Senior Case Worker
- Participate and collaborate in other activities (recreational, psychosocial, awareness, emotional support groups) conducted on the field when requested by supervisors;
- Support in the monitoring and evaluation process to assess the outcome and impact of case management interventions
- Participate in internal case management meetings and bring to immediate attention any case of special/emergency needs to the Senior Case Worker
- Ensure good relationships and coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention to improve identification of persons with specific needs for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing
- Identify and report gaps in the availability and quality of services provision for clients in the target areas
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles
Specific tasks (Child Protection case workers)
- Prepare and draft BIAs/BIDs and submit to the Senior Case Worker for final review.
- Act in accordance with the Lebanon Interagency Practical Guidance for Child Protection Case Management Services, Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action and all other relevant internal and external standard operating procedures and guidance
Specific tasks (Sexual and Gender-based violence case workers)
- Ensure accurate and regular submission data to the GBVIMS platform
- Act in accordance with the Interagency Standard Operating Procedures for SGBV Prevention and Response in Lebanon, the IASC Guidelines for Integrating Gender Based Violence into Humanitarian action and all other relevant internal and external standard operating procedures and guidance
- University Degree in a related field e.g. Social Work, Psychology or equivalent
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Reporting skills
- Driving License issued since more than 1 year
- Good level of planning and organizing
- Cultural Awareness
- Analytical thinking
- High confidentiality, respect and non-discrimination attitude
- Planning and organizing; Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility & adaptability; willing to work extra hours and during the weekend if emergency cases arise.
- Availability to frequent field visits across area
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to INTERSOS values
- Respect of Intersos policies and procedures
- Fluency in Arabic
- Excellent in English
قم بكتابة اول تعليق